Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Lowe moment!


Now we've covered golfers hitting birds before, some on purpose and some by mistake, check out our coverage of Tripp "idiot" Isenhour here. This latest story is a little different.

From Ecorazzi:

Rob Lowe has given up the game of golf after he accidentally hit a goldfinch in mid-air and killed the bird during a celebrity golf tournament. Lowe says: “My luck continued to decline. It turns out it was the state bird, and killing the state bird is punishable by prison. By the time that the state police had found out, they (golf officials) had sequestered me away into the clubhouse, and I sort of made my escape. I was completely traumatized so I’ve given up the game.”

Certainly Lowe won’t be imprisoned for the accident, but it’s nice to see that he felt genuinely sorry for the mistake. Incidentally, a group of mathematics geniuses playing in the same tournament figured that, ‘the odds of hitting this bird in flight is one in 247 million, and the odds of a hole-in-one - one in 700,000.” Perhaps Lowe wanted to score a birdie so badly for charity that he just got carried away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search The Blog